Skip to content

Greenbyte Ideas

Our approach to product feedback

Here at Power Factors, we take product feedback extremely seriously. We believe that listening to our customers, team members, and prospects - by taking their ideas on board - is a sure-fire way to build better products.
We use your feedback to identify the most important features, ideas, pain points, and opportunities so that you can get more value from our products as efficiently as possible.

The benefits of giving us your product feedback

If you take the time to submit your product feedback to us, it means that you have a direct say in how our products develop over time. It means that your ideas are valued and listened to, rather than filed away and ignored.
Ultimately, it allows us to work with you to build the best products we possibly can.

What happens to your product feedback

Our product teams meet regularly with the CSMs, to go through new ideas. Once we have verified that an idea isn’t already available in the system, and seems like a good idea, we change the status to Accepting Votes. Then more people can vote, prioritize, and give us information. This allows us to gauge demand, gather use cases, and establish impact & value.

If we decide to implement an idea, the status will change to Planned or In Development. When it’s done, the status will change to Delivered. Anyone who has submitted or voted on a specific request will be notified when the status of the request is updated. We will always provide an explanation as to the nature of the status update.

Unfortunately, not all requests are in line with our vision and strategy, so sometimes we reject them. When this happens, the status will be changed to Archived and we’ll add a note to let you know that it won’t be delivered.

How we choose what to implement

When we plan a release, we use many factors to help decide which suggestions to implement, including:

• Customer feedback - there are many ways we listen for your feedback:
    formal customer interviews and other research activities
    events like conferences and trade shows
    comments and votes on issues here in Greenbyte & BluePoint Influence
  • CSM team insights - our CSM team knows which issues are the most challenging and most common for customers.
  • Product analytics - we track how users move through the system, which helps us understand how existing features are being used.
  • Product strategy - our long-term strategic vision for the products.
If you reach out directly to our support or customer success teams, they'll be able to look up the ideas for you, but they won't have any additional information or provide an estimate for when your item will be reviewed.

Custom applications

Sometimes you need functionality that is specific to your needs and not necessarily useful for other customers or in line with Power Factors strategic goals. These special requests are addressed through custom applications, which can be developed by you, using the Greenbyte API, by third-party partners, or by Power Factors for an additional fee. If you are interested in having a custom application built, contact your CSM.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

41 results found

1. Auto Comment option for errorcode's.

Some errors are to general (or not telling exactly the status of the turbine), like for example Vestas errors: "RCS 13" or errorcode "user defined alarm 20" Therefore a auto comment would make sence that described the code so all of the teammembers know what is happening on a specific windfarm when those kind of errors occur.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implement dark mode for Greenbyte dashboards

Dark mode setting for greenbyte dashboards would be helpful for those that spend particularly long time periods using greenbyte systems.

Tried using extension however this corrupts certain features so is not a relevant solution.

Dark mode will also reduce eyestrain and related vision issues from prolonged computer use.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display several power curves relating to different periods

Currently, in all widgets and on the data studio, we can only select one time period. To carry out an in-depth analysis of the power curves of a turbine, it would be very interesting to be able to select several periods (one for each PC displayed simultaneously) to detect underperformance more effectively. In addition, it would allow to identify the date of occurrence of an underperformance, as well as to compare wind resources of the two periods on the distribution of the scatter plot.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. active status event widget should have editable comments

In the active status event widget on monitor -> portfolio or monitor -> windfarm, you can easily acknowledge an event by pressing the button. But you cannot double click on a comment section to fill in a comment.

This feature is available in the statuslog, but would be very handy to have in the Active status event widget also.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Comparison of actual production data of different years with each other

Hi all,
    I wonder if it would be possible to compare actual production data of different calendar years with each other within one widget or dashboard?
    I would like to show to the investors a relative comparison of the production years. This is possible in the Report section, but I would like to have it available in the Analyse section.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The "New suggest / idea" should be reviewed.

The New Suggest option must be reviewed and switched to a democratic system.

Every time we suggest a new idea we received the same answer (copy & paste) saying: "We have great new features lined up that we can't wait to share with you. Unfortunately this request is not part of the roadmap".

These kind of answers without a proper explanation and ignoring our requests and ideas, It affects our team in terms of working time and use of the platform.

If you set up a democratic voting system you should wait at least 24 hours until everyone can vote…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Annotation of power curves in Report widgets

Please set visual annotations and different colors for each power curves.

Even I split the widget per turbine, current visual annotations seem like not enough for me.

For example, I understood that a blue line on the widget is learned PC of selected time span, but the visual annotation is just saying the name of Site and we can't identify exactly what it means so I need to write an explanation about it manually in Reports.

So, could you set visual annotations to show real names of selected power curves?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lost Production per Category including "Energy Export" to have the percentage LOP per category

The current Lost Production per Category widget feels incomplete. I am interested to have an option so I can see per asset (and per turbine) what percentage of the gross production is lost per category.

Let's assume 100 MWh gross production (Energy Export + Lost Production to Downtime) and the following losses:
    2 MWh - Ice stop loss
    4 MWh - Shadow stop loss
    3 MWh - Noise stop loss

Then I would like to see a pie chart with:
    Energy Export - 91 MWh (91%)
    Ice stop losses - 2 MWh (2%)
    Shadow stop losses - 4 MWh (4%)…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improving the display on the portfolio dashboard map

Currently the ring chart with the real time power is not clearly visible because it is superimposed on the map.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. YTD Widget

We have a situation where we track our KPIs using a custom dashboard and widget to display such figures as Production and Budget YTD.

When an asset is taken over in the middle of a production year, and the data gets backfilled, the widget no longer accurately reflects the YTD production for the time the asset has been under our ownership.

E g if we take over an asset in May, but data is available since January, the YTD widget currently displays the production for the asset from January.
    In the scenario above we would want the widget to only…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No apparent sign of a minimized widget

Minimizing a widget can mistakenly happen through double clicking.
    This has great consequences on following monitoring by the control room.

I would suggest:
    - add a confirmation box asking if this is really wanted, to actively get aware, that you are minimizing a widget
    OR
    - have a short notice added to the minimized widget to get aware of the minimized widget

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Order by device number not Power

Have the option to when hovering over a data table the data displayed is in the device number order, not highest value (power, current)

e.g. when looking power produced by each Inverter module for inverter 1 be ordered 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc not in the order in which they are producing the most power

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Analyse URL links include the filtering

Make the Analyse links include the filtering. For example if I select the time period to be 2021 I'd like the link shared to also be filtered for 2021

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to lock dashboard period when navigating between dashboards

When performing routine checks by going through several dashboards in a row, the period resets each time so one must reselect it again and again.

It would save quite a lot of time (and feel better) to just being able to lock the period and navigate between dashboards while holding on the period first chosen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already supported when moving from site to site or device to device, but not between levels (i.e. site—>device). We would like to learn more about what pages you are using when you experience this problem.

We are interested to hear whether this is a problem experienced by other customers so are opening it to votes.

16. Clickable header in monitor/analyze to allow moving up and down the device hierarchy

When showing a dashboard in Analyze for a site, I can click on a device on the site and get to the dashboard for that device. For that dashboard I would like to see the "path" I moved, i.e. Portfolio/Site/Device as the header, and I would like to be able to click on e.g. "Site" to get back to the site dashboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More ways to make use of the results of the dirty dozen analysis

The dirty dozen analysis is giving very precious information but it's not always easy to make good use of it.

Looking at turbine level on a portfolio of more than 100 turbines yields pages when exporting as a report.

An alternative, more condensed view would be welcome, which could for example give the possibility to identify the worst offenders. (relates to being able to compare turbines)

Even better would be the possibility to export the results to a worksheet to use and format as we want, via a button in the interface and/or (ideally) from the API.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add expand/collapse button in the "active status events" dashboard widget to be able to edit main status (which has often already ended)

The problem is that the main status is often already ended and other status hide behind the the main one. This often happens during longer "order by authority" stopps, which seems be externally controlled, however often there is an additional new and active stopp behing.

It would be very helpful for daily monitoring to have all statuses expandable in the active status events widget. This would make it possible to view the statuses within the group and to edit all the "active status events" which have updated active statuses.

Attached you will find a graphical example of not active main…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Coherent Functionality in Status Log and Data Studio

When using the status log for a turbine or wind farm, one has the possibility to filter for specific statuses but the lost production associated with a certain status can not be displayed.

Inversely, when in data studio and using the status log, lost production is displayed but one cannot filter for specific statuses.

It would be great if both these functionalities could be accesible in either the status log or in the status log in data studio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Notes widget, where I can enter plain text

I'd like to be able to add explanations for things or comments to my dashboard and a simple notes widget would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base